Angel Gruev is a co-founder and CTO of Dreamix Ltd. He has more than 12 years of experience in Software Architecture, Project Managеment, Research and Development. Angel has a Bachelor in Computer Science from Sofia University and Masters in Technological Enterpreneurship and innovations in Informational techologies. He is a professor in Sofia University teaching Computer Science and regularly gives lectures about Java in different companies. Angel has a great success record being a Software Architect for major international companies.
Zero downtime deployments with Kubernetes, Docker and Spring-boot
While building and deploying microservices (and not only) it is important to know the underlying framework that will be their host. This presentation will be focused on Kubernetes as a container orchestration framework and will target software developers that want to understand better how it works and what features does it provide for your microservices. The main focus will be on creating and deploying a microservice on Kubernetes and then performing a zero-downtime release and rollback.
The demo microservices use JAVA + Spring boot.
The presentation will cover:
- Different ways of using K8S (Amazon, Google, On premise)
- Deploy a simple demo microservice build with Java and Spring boot.
- Using K8S Config Maps for storing configuration of your microservices.
- Achieving Zero downtime deployments with Kubernetes rolling updates feature.
- Taking care for the High Availability of your microservices
- Kubernetes and continuous integration