Veselin Hristov is Cloud and Middleware engineer at ITGix Ltd. Has 5+ years of experience in Linux administration working by DevOps mothodology. Veselin has a Master degree in Electronics from Technical University – Sofia. He has been working with many development teams across the world to deliver a stable infrastructure environment for his client’s software services.
Zero downtime deployments with Kubernetes, Docker and Spring-boot
While building and deploying microservices (and not only) it is important to know the underlying framework that will be their host. This presentation will be focused on Kubernetes as a container orchestration framework and will target software developers that want to understand better how it works and what features does it provide for your microservices. The main focus will be on creating and deploying a microservice on Kubernetes and then performing a zero-downtime release and rollback.
The demo microservices use JAVA + Spring boot.
The presentation will cover:
- Different ways of using K8S (Amazon, Google, On premise)
- Deploy a simple demo microservice build with Java and Spring boot.
- Using K8S Config Maps for storing configuration of your microservices.
- Achieving Zero downtime deployments with Kubernetes rolling updates feature.
- Taking care for the High Availability of your microservices
- Kubernetes and continuous integration