Denis Danov is full-stack developer and dev lead at Dreamix Ltd. He has 5+ years of experience in software engineering, research and development. Denis has a Bachelor degree in Software Engineering from Sofia University and Masters degree in Embedded Systems. He has worked with many teams located all around the world to deliver successful products for international companies.
Zero downtime deployments with Kubernetes, Docker and Spring-boot
While building and deploying microservices (and not only) it is important to know the underlying framework that will be their host. This presentation will be focused on Kubernetes as a container orchestration framework and will target software developers that want to understand better how it works and what features does it provide for your microservices. The main focus will be on creating and deploying a microservice on Kubernetes and then performing a zero-downtime release and rollback.
The demo microservices use JAVA + Spring boot.
The presentation will cover:
- Different ways of using K8S (Amazon, Google, On premise)
- Deploy a simple demo microservice build with Java and Spring boot.
- Using K8S Config Maps for storing configuration of your microservices.
- Achieving Zero downtime deployments with Kubernetes rolling updates feature.
- Taking care for the High Availability of your microservices
- Kubernetes and continuous integration